A large selection of new and vintage Patterns,
Pattern Books, and PDF Download
knitting, cross stitch, plastic canvas, tatting,
embroidery, macrame, dolls, toys, sewing,
Newsletter, Free patterns. Contest.
How to Make String
Article by KarensVariety.com
String or yarn
liquid starch or white glue and water mixture
A creative idea to
decorate your home for Christmas. Christmas ball ornaments are easy to
make using yarn or string. This is a fun craft for adults and kids.
1. Purchase yarn or string in
different colours or variegated, plain or metallic.
2. Blow up balloons to different sizes and tie ends.
3. Dip the yarn into liquid starch or white glue and water mixture and
wrap around the balloon leaving spaces as you wrap. Sprinkle with
glitter if you wish.
4. When completely dry, deflate the balloon and pull out through the
5. Tie a decorative bow for hanging.
Reprints: Please feel free to link to this page. Please do not
reproduce this page on the Internet; you may link to it instead. You may print this page for your own
personal use but not for commercial use or distribution.